Measurement Incorporated seeks a full-time Editorial Assistant for its Research and Development Department. The Editorial Assistant edits and proofreads test questions and related materials for grammatical and typographical accuracy and adherence to project-specific style guides in both print and online environments. In addition, the editorial assistant lays out examinations and other documents in MS Word or Adobe InDesign and provides quality control support to project directors. The editorial assistant must have strong project-management and decision-making skills and be able to shepherd projects from start to finish
- bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- expert knowledge of English grammar
- mastery of Microsoft Word; proficiency in other members of the Microsoft Office family
- experience using Adobe InDesign for document layout
- expertise in creating and manipulating .pdf files
- experience using database software, with knowledge of HTML preferred
- a minimum of three years of experience in editing/proofreading
Attention to detail is vital in this position. An editorial skills test will be given at interview.
This is a full-time, salaried position in Durham, North Carolina, with excellent company benefits including holidays, vacation/sick leave, health insurance, profit sharing, and ESOP. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Company information at www.measinc.com.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Measurement Incorporated Attn: Human Resources 423 Morris Street Durham, NC 27701
Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Please respond by May 13, 2019.