- Create annual budgets for the MI Maintenance and MI Landscaping departments.
- Oversee third party service accounts/contracts pertaining to MI Operations.
- Ensure that the maintenance staff performs the proper repairs and preventive maintenance needed to keep a building's infrastructure running smoothly.
- Oversee common repair tasks, such as patching drywall, fixing leaks, painting and re-keying locks.
- Address work orders to maintain building and equipment in proper operation.
- Plan maintenance and service activities to minimize disruptions for employees and tenants.
- Work with Facilities Operation Manager to ensure the Life Safety of all employee, tenants, and visitors within the facility.
- When appropriate assists in repair, upkeep and maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Responsible for directing the Landscaping staff in keeping the exterior of the building looking clean and presentable.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training maintenance and landscaping staff.
- Must be on-call, in case of an emergency related to one of the facilities.
- Lead or coordinate emergency response systems such as fire alarm systems, maintenance of fire extinguishers, and building security.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities throughout the facility and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure all team members and contractors are aware of, understand, and comply with all safety policies, rules and procedures.
- Manage, lead, coach, develop and evaluate Maintenance and Landscaping department team members.
- Work with Facilities Operation Manager to establish processes and procedures to ensure all of MI’s Maintenance and Landscaping Department vehicles, machinery, and equipment are properly maintained, serviced, and operated.
- Work with Facilities Operation Manager to implement a vehicle, machinery, and equipment safety training program for all of MI’s Maintenance and Landscaping Department employees
- Work with Facilities Operation Manager to implement safety procedures and maintaining proper documentation for hazardous products and materials used by MI’s Maintenance and Landscaping Departments
- Work with Facilities Operation Manager to implement a hazardous product and materials training program for all of MI’s Maintenance and Landscaping Departments employees
- Ensuring MI’s Maintenance and Landscaping Departments operate within the OSHA safety guidelines as well as other relevant industry safety guidelines and procedures
- Create a supply inventory system for MI’s Landscaping and Maintenance Departments
- Attending educational programs, training programs, and workshops applicable to the Facilities Manager responsibilities and job functions
- Working with the Director of Real Estate to continually improve the level of service provided by MI’s Maintenance and Landscaping Departments
Facilities Manager must have a valid NC driver’s license and be able to perform general physical activities that require using industry equipment such as ladders, climbing, lifting, walking, stooping, handling/ loading/ unloading of materials. Additionally, the Facilities Manager must be able to move and lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds or more consistently. This position will require that you are able to work outside in all weather conditions. The Facilities Manager must be able to read, write, use email, Microsoft Word, and Excel, comprehend written and verbal work instructions, and be able to communicate professionally.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.