Independent Item Writer Contractors are paid $25.00 per hour.
Monday – Friday; 15 to 40 hours per week (hours based on item writer availability)
Role and Responsibilities
Measurement Incorporated is seeking item writers to develop assessment items for elementary, middle, and high school science exams. Item writers will be primarily responsible for developing assessment items aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards, but will also develop items for other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
Independent Item Writer Contractors must possess the following attributes to qualify:
- Be able to work at Measurement Incorporated Headquarters in Durham, NC (423 Morris Street, Durham, NC 27701).
- Be able to work at least 15 to 40 hours per week during Measurement Incorporated business hours (8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday).
- Be able to work for at least 4 hours during each writing session.
- Have a B.S. (or greater) in a science field.
- Attend periodic group meetings as required (meeting hours will be flexible).
Qualified candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.