Measurement Incorporated (MI) owns and operates approximately 350,000sf of commercial real estate in downtown Durham and is seeking a qualified candidate to lead its maintenance team. MI’s Lead Maintenance Technician will be involved in day-to-day operations related to MI properties. Excellent customer service skills; strong communication skills; good administrative skills; and computer literacy are required.
Salary Range: $36,000 - $45,000 annually
Individuals should have at least five (5) years of experience in providing maintenance services for commercial properties and working knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical.
- VTC, tile, carpet, and hardwood floor installation and/or repair;
- Painting and sheetrock repair.
- Directing the day to day activities of the MI properties.
- Management of third party service accounts/contractors.
- Respond to routine calls for maintenance from tenants.
- Perform regular maintenance inspections of all MI property.
- Perform or manage necessary repairs generated from service calls or inspections.
- Work with Facilities Operation Manager to ensure the Life Safety of all employee, tenants, and visitors to MI properties.
- Must be on-call, in case of an emergency related to one of the facilities.
- Prepare for and react to weather events such as snow, ice, and hurricanes.
- Attending educational programs, training programs, and workshops applicable to the job responsibilities and functions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Real Estate.
Lead Maintenance Technician must have a valid driver’s license and be able to perform general physical activities that require using industry equipment such as ladders, climbing, lifting, walking, stooping, handling/ loading/ unloading of materials. Additionally, the Lead Maintenance Technician must be able to move and lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds or more consistently. This position will require that you are able to work outside in all weather conditions. The Lead Maintenance Technician must be able to read, write, use email, Microsoft Word, and Excel, comprehend written and verbal work instructions, and be able to communicate professionally.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.