Readers/Evaluators score student responses to English language arts, mathematics, science, and other test items. They are hired on a temporary, project-by-project basis; most work occurs from March to June. Both site-based and remote positions are available.
Readers/Evaluators receive paid training at the beginning of each project. They must be able to accept and reliably apply the required scoring criteria throughout each project. They also must be willing to operate in a repetitive task situation and maintain confidentiality and project security.
Job Requirements and Expectations
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree (any field) from an accredited college or university or an equivalent foreign degree verified by an educational equivalency agency recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
- Recognition of Reader/Evaluator requirements and/or completion of a successful interview
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States (completion of Form I-9)
- Attendance during training is mandatory
- Regular weekly attendance throughout a project is required.
Scoring sites are located in Durham, Greensboro, and Wilmington, NC; Nashville, TN; Taylor, MI; Tampa, FL; Coldwater, KS; and Brookfield, WI. For more information on the location of these sites please go to Contact Us and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Click Apply Online then follow the directions. Do not apply to more than one scoring location.